What are the benefits of professional anchor analysis?
Published by Stewart Technology Associates
Anchors are a critical component for any marine vessel, including oil rigs, tankers, fishing vessels, container ships and military vessels, and every ship has different characteristics that must be considered for a safe and effective anchor to designed and deployed properly. There are multiple forces acting on a ship’s anchor at any given time, including the weight of the vessel, the weight of the cargo, the action of the waves, tidal forces, winds and inclement weather. A professional anchor analysis can be used to model these force on a given anchor design in real-world conditions, allowing you to identify weak points in the design and improve it to reduce structural failures. Here are a few of the tangible benefits of having a professional anchor analysis performed on your design:
- Improved design with minimal prototyping, testing and development costs
- Safer anchor design that reduces accidents, injuries and property damage
- Anchor analysis performed by a professional with extensive marine engineering experience
- Sound advice about design deficiencies and how they can be eliminated
- No need to invest in expensive software, equipment and personnel to perform the analysis yourself
In many cases, a professional anchor analysis will be the most cost-effective and reliable option.